What is the NASA SpaceApps Challenge?
The SpaceApps Challenge is an international weekend hackathon organized by NASA that occurs in over 200 cities around the world. Citizens around the world collaborate to share ideas and engage with open data to address real-world problems, on Earth and in space. The official page can be found here. Each event produces a number of awesome projects such as Canaria, Scintilla, and ISSIE. This year the event will be held on April 29-30, 2017.
How SPF Can Help
Benefits of sponsoring a SpaceApps Hackathon
• You will gain exposure in a community of target customers; your logo will be displayed on promotional materials and website for the event, and there may be additional means of visibility including representation at the event, speaking opportunities, and distribution of materials
• Your product may be used in several innovative projects, which will then be described by the team at the event as well as online. The video of SpaceApps NYC below demonstrates how many times sponsors' products were mentioned
• Having your representative at the event allows you to build relationships with community, and answer questions about your product
• Witnessing firsthand new uses for your product, which you can incorporate into future versions
• Identify talented potential hiring prospects
• Your support is tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by by the IRS
SPF raised almost $40,000 for SpaceApps NYC 2016, receiving support from 13 sponsors including SpaceX, IBM, Amazon, Microsoft, Wolfram, and several others. We are currently serving as the fiscal sponsors for several events in the 2017 season.
Below are the SpaceApps cities that SPF serves as the Fiscal Sponsor for. Click on each to view the specifics of their event, and sponsorship opportunities.
Many sponsorship packages are exclusive, and are only available on a first-come basis. We encourage you to inquire about sponsorship possibilities as soon as possible to ensure that you will obtain the best match for your support.
If you are interested in supporting a SpaceApps event, please contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.